Translate

Monday, January 18, 2016

Winter is here!

Before reading a non-fiction Winter book, we made a long list "What we know about Winter".
We each graphed our favorite winter activity (building a snowman, ice skating, skiing and sledding).
Although we were fans of all winter activities, building a snowman had the most! 
We worked very hard at making Winter tree snow scenes. Each student painted their own tree and  chose one tool to make snowflakes. Some of the tools included bubble wrap, sponges and q-tips. Then, we attached what each student liked to do in the winter. For example: "I like to catch snowflakes on my tongue in the Winter. I like to drink hot cocoa in the Winter. I like to have a snowball fight in the Winter."
Reading our Scholastic magazines about Winter. Prior to each getting our own magazine, we read it together on the Promethean Board. 
Wearing our "I Have A Dream" headbands! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment